Bailey Spring Carnival
2016 Specific Carnival Information
Basic Carnival Information
Bailey’s Spring Carnival is our second largest fundraiser and takes place each year on the last Friday of April. While each year is unique, there are some things that you can always count on:
- All-inclusive wristbands can be pre-bought and allow wearers to play games as many times as they wish (with the exception of the photo booth where they will have a one-time use). Wristbands do not include food items or Carnival Store items and cannot be purchased the night of carnival. Watch your emails for wristband purchase information. NEW THIS YEAR - we will NOT be doing order forms for wristband purchase. Instead, we will be offering mornings and after-school/evening times to come and do a direct purchase of wristbands.
- Individual tickets are available for sale the night of the carnival for 50 cents each. Tickets can be used for games, inflatables and food. Signs are posted at games and food booths which show number of tickets being charged per game/food item.
- Games are set up as booths and are found throughout the building including the commons, primary hallways, gym and multipurpose room.
- While you will find the more traditional games at our carnival, you can also find the favorite of many students, the Pop Toss. Ring a 2-liter bottle of pop (generously donated by our families) and take it home with you.
- One of the most anticipated parts of the night is our raffle drawing. Everyone gathers in the commons to hear our principal read the lucky winners of some great prizes donated by the Bailey PTA and local businesses. A book of 10 tickets are sent home with each student to sell individual tickets for $1 each with prizes offered to our top sellers and classrooms. If you choose not to sell, simply return your tickets to your child's classroom teacher.
- New for 2016: We are adding a Silent Auction to our Carnival this year. Each classroom has a sponsored theme basket. We hope this will be a fun new addition to the Carnival!
- Volunteers are needed for both set-up and clean-up. We also need volunteers for all games/food booths and those are scheduled in two shifts. The first shift is 5:15 to 7:00 and second shift is 6:45 to 8:30. Don’t worry, instructions are provided for each game. We are always in need of volunteers to help with carnival hair and face painting. You can choose what volunteer opportunity fits you best by visiting our online sign up (when posted). The earlier you sign up for a specific game/booth, the more choices you will have.
If you're looking for more information, don’t hesitate to email our carnival volunteer coordinator, Anne Miller, at email@example.com