Welcome to the Bailey Elementary PTA website!
This site is your one stop for all information related to our Bailey PTA’s events, volunteer opportunities, budget…everything PTA. Take a few minutes to check out the links to the left especially what the Bailey PTA provides and ways to get involved.
We try our best to keep this site current, and it is updated frequently. Be sure to bookmark our page and come back often!
If you have comments regarding PTA matters, feel free to email any of the board members via the Contact Information link.
If you have any comments or suggestions relating to this website, please email the Bailey PTA webmaster.
Bailey PTA Upcoming Events, News & Link Highlights:
Thanks to those who supported our Culver's Night! Scoopie sends his thanks!
Congratulations to Bailey for being a 2017 National Blue Ribbon School
Ms. Hofstad and Mrs. Peterson traveled to Washington D.C. to attend the Awards Ceremony for schools that were the recipients of the 2017 National Blue Ribbon School Award.
On behalf of the Bailey PTA, congratulations! Bailey sure is a great place to be!
Information about Bailey Fundraising: The Bailey PTA raises important funds for the school, to be used for our students and classrooms. We have a variety of ways to fund raise. Here are our fundraising options for 2017-2018 – you don’t have to participate in all of them, but I’d really encourage every family to be sure to participate in at least some of them since the funds are important for our school and help pay for the approved PTA expenses for classroom and building uses:
- Fall Fundraiser: Cherrydale/Chip Shoppe Fundraiser (wrapping paper, gifts, food items). We’ve done this fundraiser for a number of years and it’s quite successful. (makes up about 20% of our income budget). Last year, the average raised per participant in the Fall Fundraiser was about $50 for our school.
- Spring Fundraiser: Apex Fun Run (makes up about 35% of our income budget). Last year, the average raised per participant in the Spring Fundraiser was also about $50
- Smaller fundraisers through the year:
- Book Fairs
- Community Events (Wendy’s Night, Culver’s Night, etc, where a portion of the sales go directly to the Bailey PTA)
- Amazon Smile – shop via this LINK (http://smile.amazon.com/ch/41-1710568) and a percentage of sales goes directly to the Bailey PTA
- Direct Donations: If you’d prefer to not participate in the other fundraiser or just want to supplement your fundraising efforts, you are always welcome to give a direct donation to the Bailey PTA. That way, 100% of your dollars will go directly to our Bailey PTA income budget and 100% will be used on our approved budgeted expenses.
2017-2018 PTA Important Information - emailed 8/21
Dear Bailey Parents,
Happy Summer! I thought it was a good time to send out some important information from the PTA, before things get too crazy with all the Back-to-School hype/fall-with-so-many-things-to-do craziness begins (or maybe it's already started!).
My youngest child will be starting 5th grade this year, so my time at Bailey is limited. I really see this upcoming school year as an important TRANSITION year, so I can transition/recruit for the positions that keep PTA running.
If you are new to Bailey – or haven’t been very involved with the PTA – or are looking for a way to step up in your child’s educational experience, I’d highly encourage you to get involved with the PTA. There are many ways to get involved, and we have many large gaps that we need to fill ASAP.
Please see here for how you can help: LINK
2017-2018 Volunteer Opportunities
To sign up to be part of our "pool" of volunteers, click here: SIGN UP
When volunteer opportunities arise, we'll email our pool of volunteers to see who can help.
Here is our list of specific volunteers we're looking for right now (but please, also, consider signing up for our "pool" with the link above - those will be the volunteers I email when we have other needs through the year to see if you're interested/available): SPECIFIC NEEDS
Want to be part of our Bailey PTA email group? We'll email you re: things going on with the PTA, opportunities to help, etc.
We won't share your email with anyone else and emails will be sent "BCC" so others don't see your email address.
Name and email is all we need - this survey will take you less than one minute!
Sign up here: EMAIL CONTACT LINK
Wendy's and Culvers are the participating restaurants for this year. These are restaurants who give back to Bailey on specific nights. Check out details here: LINK
Do you shop on Amazon? Did you know you could get all the same great benefits Amazon offers and raise money for our school?
Every time you shop on Amazon (via the Amazon Smile site), Amazon Smile will give 0.5% of your purchase back to our school…same products, same prices and same shopping options. Amazon Prime
members are eligible too!
No need to register - just use this link (or the link on the box below) every time you shop on Amazon: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/41-1710568
This link is a direct link to benefit Bailey (which shows up as “PTA Minnesota Congress”, but the link has our Tax ID number so we know it's for Bailey.
Please check out our "Donations & Membership" page for how to join the Bailey PTA. We look forward to having you be a part of our Bailey PTA community!
For more details and other upcoming events, please see our Events Calendar page.