Welcome to the Bailey Elementary PTA website!
This site is your one stop for all information related to our Bailey PTA’s events, volunteer opportunities, budget…everything PTA. Take a few minutes to check out the links to the left especially what the Bailey PTA provides and ways to get involved.
We try our best to keep this site current, and it is updated frequently. Be sure to bookmark our page and come back often!
If you have comments regarding PTA matters, feel free to email any of the board members via the Contact Information link.
If you have any comments or suggestions relating to this website, please email the Bailey PTA webmaster.
This site is updated for the new school year with the exception of the "Budget Information & Forms" page....we will remove this note when that is updated.
Bailey PTA Upcoming Events, News & Link Highlights:
May 28 PTA meeting postponed
May 28 PTA meeting postponed - new date/time to be determined
BOOK FAIR Thanks
The Bailey PTA funded 4 trees that were recently installed around our playground. We hope that they will grow and thrive and eventually provide some shade for the students on the playground. Over the years, the PTA has helped our students have a great place to play outside - with funding the playground expansion, paying for the Gaga Ball Pit and now installing some eventual shade trees.
Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
THANK YOU TO ALL THE FAMILIES WHO DONATED TO OUR LUNCHEON AND DID SPECIAL THINGS FOR TEACHERS/STAFF DURING THE WEEK. IF YOU FORGOT, IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO SEND A NOTE TO A TEACHER, MAKE A PICTURE, ETC. END OF THE YEAR IS A GREAT TIME TO SHARE OUR APPRECIATION.
This year’s theme, from the National PTA, is: TEACHERS ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD. Teachers and school staff change the lives of millions of children every day, and their work and impact extends far beyond the boundaries of the classroomhttps://twitter.com/hashtag/thankateacher) for all that they do to help our children reach for the stars.They play a pivotal role in our children’s lives, inspiring a lifelong love of learning and discovery and making a difference in their well-being and long-term success. From May 6-10, 2019, we would like to celebrate teachers & staff members and like to show our thanks and gratitude to these stellar educators. Blast off with us during PTA Teacher Appreciation Week to #ThankATeacher (
Here are the Bailey PTA plans for the Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week as well as some ideas for your family:
- TEACHER & STAFF APPRECIATION LUNCHEON: On Tuesday, May 7, we are going to provide a Teacher & Staff Appreciation Luncheon. The PTA will pay for the meat and rice from Acapulco Restaurant in Woodbury. We are looking to our Bailey families to donate the “fixings”, etc. For more information and to sign up, go to: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0445AAAF2CABFB6-teacherstaff1
- APPRECIATION CERTIFICATES: Have your child sign and present a ready-made (by the National PTA) appreciation certificate to the teachers in their life during the week of May 6-10. Certificate below:
- PERSONAL THANK YOU CARDS: We have a simple cut-and-fold thank you card (by the National PTA) for your child to share a message straight from the heart with all of the stellar educators and school staff members they know during the week of May 6-10. Thank you card below:
Here are a few more ideas from the National PTA:
- Share photos and your activities during the week by using the hashtag #ThankATeacher on social media!
- On Thursday, May 9, upload a #TBT of you and your favorite teacher and thank them using the official hashtag #ThankATeacher.
Apex Fun Run
Thanks to all who helped raise funds for our Apex Fun Run! We had a very successful event thanks to our students, staff and families!
Wendy's and Culvers are the participating restaurants for this year. Check out details here: LINK
And information below:
NEXT WENDY'S NIGHT:
Next school year!
Between the hours of 5 and 7:00 p.m. Wendy's will donate 15% of ALL sales to the Bailey PTA. So, no coupon or mentioning of Bailey needed for us to get "credit".
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
LAST CULVER'S NIGHT FOR THIS YEAR:
Tuesday, May 14
From 5-7 p.m., Culver's will donate 5-10% of sales (depending on the level of sales per hour) for ALL customers who come to Culver's during those times. So, no coupon or mentioning of Bailey needed for Culver's!
Help Needed - Take Home Folders
We usually meet on Thursday mornings to assemble and distribute information sheets for the students of our school to bring home in their 'Take Home Folders'. Please sign up for the dates that you can come and help out. In the past year, assembling the documents took between 15 minutes and 2 hours, depending on how many documents we received and the number of volunteers we had.
Sign up here: TAKE HOME FOLDERS
Passport Club Information
2018-2019 Volunteer Opportunities
To sign up to be part of our "pool" of volunteers, click here: SIGN UP
When volunteer opportunities arise, we'll email our pool of volunteers to see who can help.
Here is our list of specific volunteers we're looking for right now (but please, also, consider signing up for our "pool" with the link above - those will be the volunteers we will email when we have other needs through the year to see if you're interested/available): SPECIFIC NEEDS
Information about Bailey Fundraising: The Bailey PTA raises important funds for the school, to be used for our students and classrooms. We have a variety of ways to fund raise. Here are our fundraising options for 2018-2019 – you don’t have to participate in all of them, but we would really encourage every family to be sure to participate in at least some of them since the funds are important for our school and help pay for the approved PTA expenses for classroom and building uses:
- Fall Fundraiser: Cherrydale/Chip Shoppe Fundraiser (wrapping paper, gifts, food items). We’ve done this fundraiser for a number of years and it’s quite successful. (makes up about 20% of our income budget). Historically, the average raised per participant in the Fall Fundraiser was about $50 for our school.
- Spring Fundraiser: Apex Fun Run (makes up about 35% of our income budget). Historically, the average raised per participant in the Spring Fundraiser was also about $50
- Smaller fundraisers through the year:
- Book Fairs
- Community Events (Wendy’s Night, Culver’s Night, etc, where a portion of the sales go directly to the Bailey PTA)
- Amazon Smile – shop via this LINK (http://smile.amazon.com/ch/41-1710568) and a percentage of sales goes directly to the Bailey PTA
- Direct Donations: If you’d prefer to not participate in the other fundraiser or just want to supplement your fundraising efforts, you are always welcome to give a direct donation to the Bailey PTA. That way, 100% of your dollars will go directly to our Bailey PTA income budget and 100% will be used on our approved budgeted expenses.
Please check out our "Donations & Membership" page for how to join the Bailey PTA. We look forward to having you be a part of our Bailey PTA community!
Do you shop on Amazon? Did you know you could get all the same great benefits Amazon offers and raise money for our school?
Every time you shop on Amazon (via the Amazon Smile site), Amazon Smile will give 0.5% of your purchase back to our school…same products, same prices and same shopping options. Amazon Prime
members are eligible too!
No need to register - just use this link (or the link on the box below) every time you shop on Amazon: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/41-1710568
This link is a direct link to benefit Bailey (which shows up as “PTA Minnesota Congress”, but the link has our Tax ID number so we know it's for Bailey.